It’s been quite a long time again since the last post on this blog. A lot of time in which many new changes have happened. Here are the most important ones:
- The GPX display feature has been improved. Now tracked as well as planned routes and waypoints are displayed. All this also on the blog map.
- Syntax highlighting for code in posts is now possible. To do this, simply use the standard markdown syntax to assign a programming language to a code block.
- Webmention verification has been significantly improved and should now work for more unusual cases.
- Tile source, minimum and maximum zoom can be configured for maps.
- IndieAuth has been reworked.
- The build process has been reworked.
- Scheduling posts is now possible with the status
scheduled. The post will then be published at the
- The text-to-speech implementation has been replaced by using the official Google Cloud TTS API. However, for small to medium blogs the free quota should be more than enough.
- Posts are now not deleted directly, but can be restored (or completely deleted) from
deletedstatus within 7 days.
- The new API IndexNow for indexing for Bing and Yandex is supported.
- A new function “On this day” redirects to the archive page for the current day.
- HTML rendering now happens directly using Go code. This is more flexible, better performing and requires less memory.
- Luana translated GoBlog into Bracialian Portuguese. Thanks for that!
Besides the listed changes and new features, I have of course fixed and reworked many other things and increased the test coverage.
Breaking: Due to the change of the rendering I unfortunately had to remove the function for custom pages. However, I haven’t used or tested this feature myself for a long time.
To see how the new features can be used, it’s worth taking a look at the documentation, which I’m expanding more and more, or the example configuration, which shows how the features can be configured.