A lot of time has passed since the last update post, I really should post more often on the GoBlog blog and not only on my own. But what happened since the last post, what’s new?
- A lot of bug fixes and probably some new bugs as well
- Many small changes to improve performance
- Removed Shortpixel for image compression, but added local image compression
- Ntfy support as an alternative to Telegram for push and mail notifications
- Post reactions
- Experimental (I haven’t used this much!) support for external video playlist using hls.js and the post parameter
- A settings UI for some settings
- Minimal feeds without TTS audio and interactions link (.min.rss, etc.)
- Some basic plugin support
- Unlisted and private posts are visible for logged-in users in the map and on indexes
The main source repository was moved back to GitHub to make use of GitHub Actions, the issues and the discussions. But a mirror remains on my Gitea instance, from where you can also download the container images if you don’t want to use the GitHub container registry.
A lot of these changes were motivated by Andrés Cárdenas who is using GoBlog as well. Thanks for all the ideas. 😊