A lot of time has passed since the last update post, I really should post more often on the GoBlog blog and not only on my own. But what happened since the last post, what’s new?
- A lot of bug fixes and probably some new bugs as well
- Many small changes to improve performance
- Removed Shortpixel for image compression, but added local image compression
- Ntfy support as an alternative to Telegram for push and mail notifications
- Post reactions
- Experimental (I haven’t used this much!) support for external video playlist using hls.js and the post parameter
- A settings UI for some settings
- Minimal feeds without TTS audio and interactions link (.min.rss, etc.)
- Some basic plugin support
- Unlisted and private posts are visible for logged-in users in the map and on indexes
And many more things… But I try to write meaningful commit messages, see the commit log, the new sections in the example configuration and the docs.
The main source repository was moved back to GitHub to make use of GitHub Actions, the issues and the discussions. But a mirror remains on my Gitea instance, from where you can also download the container images if you don’t want to use the GitHub container registry.
A lot of these changes were motivated by Andrés Cárdenas who is using GoBlog as well. Thanks for all the ideas. 😊